- Air Canada
- Date posted
- 10 Nov 2017
Aviation job details:
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and hands-on Software Quality Assurance Director to lead a distributed team of Software Quality Experts.
As the Director of Software QA, you will help set the overall direction and vision of software product quality for the company. In this role, you will plan, develop and execute the overall software quality assurance strategy. You will be responsible and accountable for the overall quality and risk assessment of our products.
- Manage all functional, manual and automation QA personnel, both local and remote teams located in India.
- Architect, design and build the necessary infrastructure to create and run manual and automated tests for new and existing features.
- Review product requirements to evaluate user and system impact.
- Manage the QA, staging and load testing environments.
- Learn and implement latest in QA technologies and tools.
- Actively participate in alpha and beta testing cycles.
- Oversee manual and regression test creation and execution.
- Determine and implement software release procedures.
- Evangelize QA best practices throughout the organization.
- Adopt a metrics/KPI driven approach to measuring and improving quality by setting, monitor and achieve software performance metrics.
- Provide assistance in functional and automation dutie