- Date posted
- 21 Nov 2017
- United States
- Long Island City, NY
Aviation job details:
Manager Strategic Maintenance Planning
The Manager Technical Operations Strategic Maintenance Planning will develop and evaluate the strategic maintenance direction for Technical Operation. The Manager provides a big picture view of the maintenance requirements, implementation of tasks and their execution. They will develop and maintain forecasting models, in-depth measurements and analytics to optimize maintenance cost and execution.
The Manager will develop JetBlue’s long term and strategic maintenance initiatives, in alignment with Technical, Commercial and Finance goals and make strategic recommendations to Senior Leadership.
- Manage the development of the long term forecast of fleet maintenance requirements, which includes; maintenance manpower, station capacity, future hangar requirement, etc
- Maintains metrics on maintenance, planning and task yield performance.
- Leads the evaluation of new maintenance demand for the required capacity and capability (MPD revisions, new Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins and Fleet Modifications).
- Studies and recommends changes to task bundling/packaging as well as MPD escalations
- Leads production meetings (Doc Plan and Portfolio Management meetings) with Tech Ops leadership to review maintenance execution and planning effectiveness.
- Primary interface with Network and Schedule Planning teams on Technical Operations fleet and resource requirements.
- Defines requirements and provides feedback on commercial flight schedules and the impact on Technical Operations
- Drives continuous improvement and process improvements.
- Supports tactical planning teams in their daily execution
- Leads a team of analysts and specialists to complete tasks.
- Responsible for defining, documenting and enforcing business processes.
- Translates business strategy into long-term goals and objectives; stays abreast of key Maintenance Planning issues within the industry to identify potential opportunities and/or threats to the company
- Initiates cultural change by driving performance improvement with a higher quality of service to internal customers such as Marketing, Flight Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Materiel and System Ops.
- Other duties are assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:...[log-in to read more or click on apply]