- Date posted
- 10 Nov 2017
- United States
Aviation job details:
Regulatory Affairs Investigator
- Requisition IDÂ
- Post Begin DateÂ
- Employment TypeÂ
- Regular Full-Time
- 02-Technical Operations
Important Job Details Overview
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Responsible to properly investigate accidents and incidents below NTSB reportable criteria for the non-punitive purposes of Safety and
- process improvement.
- Notify the appropriate Southwest Airlines Leadership of letters of investigation, voluntary self disclosures, and inquiries and concerns received from regulators.
- Represent Technical Operations in joint investigations with other departments at Southwest Airlines.
- Create written reports and presentations for the purpose of sharing facts gathered in an investigation.
- Serve as the formal communications and contact point between Southwest Airlines Technical Operations and regulatory entities.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with the Federal Aviation Administration and other regulatory entities that inspire trust and confidence.
- Facilitate in negotiations between the Federal Aviation Administration and Southwest Airlines Leaders to establish root causes and comprehensive fixes to internal failures and improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for producing and gaining senior leadership approval of formal correspondence and comprehensive