- Date posted
- 25 Nov 2016
- 49-3011.00 Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians, Engineer
TECHNICAL SERVICES ENGINEER (TSE)
ExecuJet delivers excellence in a comprehensive range of business aviation services tailored to our clients and partners. We are dedicated to safety and strive for creating a fulfilling workplace through cultivating genuine, open and engaging relationships with passionate colleagues.
ExecuJet is currently seeking a suitably qualified person to fill a vacancy within the CAMO division, based at Cambridge, UK.
The main responsibilities for a TSE are to complete all scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance planning for aircraft under CAMO control, to ensure that all maintenance carried out is to the correct regulatory and company standards, perform workpack follow up and ensure log books (including hours and cycles) are accurately updated.
- Provide non-grounding technical support to aircraft crews.
- Use of Computer Aided Maintenance Program (CAMP) and Computerised Maintenance Program (CMP) for defect reporting and work order generation for AOG, short and long term maintenance Planning requirements.
- Ensure all requested maintenance has been performed and in compliance with regulatory and company policies.
- Administration of Technical Log Sector Record Page including quality control, data entry, and the review/correction of total aircraft hours and landings
- Control and tracking of Hold Item List and Cabin Defect Log entires.
- Workpack review, archieving and responsible for ensuring the maintenance tracking tool (CAMP, CMP) is udpated regularly (Including data entry from non routine tasks arisings for reliability reporting)
- Warranty program reporting.
- Update of aircraft records inventory.
- Entering and maintaining records of all aircraft airworthiness docs, including; work files, in the aircraft, engine/APU logbooks
- CofA preparation and presentation involving international and domestic travel.
- Any other ad hoc projects and tasks as required by your Line Manager
- There are no managerial Tasks required for this job role other than the ability to self-motivate & self-manage the work load whilst being resourceful.
- Representing the CAMO Department & ExecuJet Aviation Group when both in and out of the office with integrity and professionalism.
- Provide 24/7 Aircraft On Ground (AOG), immediate technical support to all managed aircraft within the Luxaviation group out of business hours on shift, if required.
- Sound decision making after analysing problems to balance Customer Focused solutions with Regulatory & Company Policies and without ever allowing safety to be compromised.
- Signing for Work Authorisations & Purchase Orders for Spare Parts running into many thousands of Dollars. In doing so, demonstrating a fundamental knowledge of your limitations & boundaries and not allowing any external pressure to enter into a situtation that has not been fully explored and assessed as correct.
- Recognised Apprenticeship, training scheme, Aeronautical Degree, or 5 years equivalent industry experience.
- Maintenance planning
- CAMO experience
- EASA Part M Subparts G
- Attention to detail and organisation skills
- Ability to be analytically correct and a problem solver
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office packages
- Prioritising work load
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Part M familiarisation training
- EWIS, FTS and HF Training
- C.A.M.P Maintenance planning system (C.M.P desirable)
- Part 145 working knowledge.
- Liaising with Part 145 organisations
- Experience of Business Jet types (Falcon, Embraer, Gulfstream, Bombardier
- OTAR and IOMAR ANO regulations
- Use of MEL
- EASA Part M Subpart I
- Develop and maintain relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to negotiate with clients and service providers
- Ability to work a 12 Hour Shift System including Days & Nights
- Strong team working skills
- Ability to travel, occasionally at short notice (travel not expected to exceed 3 days per month)
Closing Date For Applications: 3 January 2017